"Fetch more toots" frequently inserts toots in wrong location or not at all
Lately, when tapping "fetch more toots" with the "Display new toots above 'fetch more' button" DISABLED, fetched toots are often (but not always) inserted in strange locations, or seem not to be fetched at all. I've noticed this behavior get more buggy at some point in the past few releases.
While I haven't taken the time to carefully characterize exactly what happens, I believe I've seen:
- fetched toots get inserted at the correct location
- fetched toots get inserted a few toots below the correct location
- fetched toots get inserted all the way at the bottom, if older toots from a prior session many hours ago appear below the "fetch more toots" button
- fetched toots seem not to be fetched at all, though perhaps I was just too frustrated to scroll to the bottom of hundreds of toots from a prior session many hours ago
The increase in problems is quite frustrating as a heavy user with active timelines.
I would further suggest, in addition to my suggestion in #211 (closed) of making "fetch more toots" more visually distinguishable from the background, that there be additional feedback when fetching (e.g. a spinner icon), as it is difficult to tell what happened when pressing the button and toots don't appear. Was it a bug? Server problem? Can't tell.
Steps for reproducing the issue
- Disable "Display new toots above 'fetch more' button"
- Scroll to bottom of timeline and tap "fetch more toots"
- Sometimes, incorrect behavior will occur
- GNU Social
Version of Fedilab: 2.6.1
Android version: 7.1.2