Revamping forms for item creation
Related to: Revamping item pages
Each field should have a placeholder to disambiguate its purpose, i.e. what information should be entered.
- Users should be allowed to add fields on the fly, in a similar manner to the field editing UI which is available once the item is created.
- Fields that should be on the form by default: Tags, Languages, SourceCode (repository; software only), help (help/FAQ/documentation page ), Client (supported operating systems), additionalURL
- Maybe default fields: Screenshot, Twitter (might be useful for later Retruco features...), Facebook, EmailContact, Start (first launch/release date)
- Field License doesn't seem to work. Information entered here doesn't appear on the item page.
- Publisher is not currently a used field; should be replaced by Developer (software) and Provider (platform).
- Download link and Release date are not priority information, should be at least moved down the form or added by the user on the fly if desired.
- List of fields should change depending on type (software or platform). E.g. License should only appear when 'software' is selected.
New Use case
- UI should take inspiration from the 'New Collection' form which is a more recent iteration
- Fields that should be on the form by default: tags, Organization (the one offering the tool to the end user), Partner (if applicable, organization helping to make the use case possible, e.g. councelling agency), Tool(s), User type (the type of final user(s) using the tool(s) that the use case is describing), Location (City/Country/International), Start / Stop (dates), additionalURL (more information, could be a press article)
- Fields that should be on the form by default: Tags, Logo, Type (Non-profit organization, Company, Institution [Local/Regional/National/International])